As you may have heard, Field Hockey is scheduled to be part of Season 2 of athletics! Here are some of the details of our upcoming season:
- Practices will start on March 1st, competitions will start on the week of March 15th, and our season will end on April 23rd. There will be no Varsity playoffs this year.
- Our season will be able to start only when Santa Clara County has shifted to the Red Tier for COVID-19 test positivity rate and number of cases. As of the writing of this post, we are still in the Purple Tier. You can check the status of Santa Clara County here. Our Field Hockey season will be canceled unless we can start by March 29th.
- Practices will be after school, Monday through Friday. Times are TBD. The game schedule is also TBD.
- We will have additional safety and cleaning procedures in place to minimize contact between players. It is expected that all players will follow the protocols set forth by CCS, the Homestead athletic department, and the Field Hockey coaches.
Here is information for players who are interested in participating this year:
- Before participating in practices, players must register on athleticclearance.com, take a concussion baseline test at concussionvitalsigns.com, and receive a physical from a doctor. The physical form which your doctor must complete can be found here. More detailed instructions on getting cleared to participate in Homestead athletics can be found here.
- Players cannot participate in multiple sports at once. If you are participating in a Season 1 sport, you must wait until that sport is over before you can start to participate in Field Hockey. If you are participating in a club sport outside of Homestead then you will not be able to concurrently participate in a sport at Homestead. This is to keep the number of contacts to a minimum.
- We know that there may be some players and families who are uncomfortable with the idea of having in-person sports practices at this time, or who are already overwhelmed with distance learning. We understand and respect the decision of any player who chooses not to participate this year. Any players who do not participate in this season will have an equal opportunity to play next season, which will hopefully be under different circumstances.
We appreciate everyone’s patience as the status of school athletics has been in flux over the past several months. We look forward to seeing our players back out on the field again and getting to play some hockey!