Interested in trying out for a Fall sport?
Follow these 3 steps to complete your registration!
- Turn in a physical form to Mrs. Fisher or Dan Yusim in the Main Office beginning July 31st (Coaches will not accept physical forms. Also Homestead WILL NOT accept any physicals administered by chiropractors, nurse practitioners or acupuncturists)
- Register online for your sport at Athletic Clearance.com (You may only try-out for ONE sport per season)
- Complete mandatory online Concussion Testing through Homestead. Make-ups have already been held so if you still need to take it, please see Mrs. Fisher or Dan Yusim in the Main Office. Additionally, this testing date is for Fall athletes only; there will be other dates scheduled during the school year for Winter and Spring sport athletes.
Once you have completed all 3 steps, you and your coach will receive an e-mail from Athletic Clearance.com stating that you are cleared to participate and try-out.
You CANNOT upload your physical online. A hard copy must be submitted to the office with Mrs. Fisher or Dan Yusim.
***Student-athletes must have insurance coverage in order to participate in a sport. If you don’t have insurance coverage, click here for more information: Accident Health Insurance Flyer
Please see below for individual information on each sport:
Cross Country (boys & girls): First day of practice is Monday 8/20 on the track by the bleachers
Try-outs begin 8/3 beginning at 4:30 and from 8/6 – 8/10 from 5:00-7:00 on Field 2
Athletes are required to bring a mouth and shin guards and stick
See attached letter which has all the summer conditioning and try-out information as well as a link to purchase HHS football attire. HHS Football Letter to Parents 2018-19
8/13 @ Sunnyvale Golf Course- 3:45 pm
8/14 @ Sunken Garden Golf Course- 3:45 pm
8/15 @ Sunnyvale Golf Course- 3:45 pm
Try-outs begin on 8/3, 8/6-8/10 from 10:00-12:00 on the Tennis Courts, for more information: Girls Tennis Info
8/13. 8/14: 10:00-12:00
8/15, 8/16, 8/17: 3:30-5:30
Starting Friday, August 3rd, you MUST be cleared before you can participate. We WILL be audited by Homestead Athletics Administration.
To be cleared, you must:
1) passed a concussion test here at Homestead; see Dan the trainer
2) taken and passed a physical off-campus and turned in the paperwork to Lisa Fisher in the office
3) have registered at AthleticClearance.com
So far, we already have 10 new players registered, and only 9 returning players registered. Please register on AthleticClearance.com ASAP, and take care of your physical and concussion testing.
We are due to submit the Varsity roster by August 14th and the JV roster by August 15th. I understand there may be some schedule conflicts, but please do your best to come out and be evaluated by the coaches during the tryout period, especially the JV players from last year who might want to tryout for varsity.
Water Polo (girls):
Try-outs begin on 8/3 from 3:45-5:30, meet on the Pool Deck.
Continuing on 8/6 through 8/10:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Morning practice 8:00-9:00
Monday – Friday: Afternoon practice 3:30-5:30
Parent Information Night on 8/18 at the Pool Deck. Time TBA.
Water Polo (boys):
Try-outs begin on 8/3 from 5:30-8:00, meet on the Pool Deck. Continuing on 8/6 through 8/10 from 5:30-8:00. Parent Information Night on 8/18 at the Pool Deck. Time TBA.